Thursday, March 27, 2008

Painting Not Dying


Well, the weather was perfect, and by all accounts I should have been out on the TieDye Porch mixing up dyes, and dying up a storm. But it was, after all, the last day I would have peace and quiet for two weeks as the kids are getting out for spring break tommorow. So I spent the day formulating my plan for keeping them from driving me crazy and soaking up the last peaceful day alone for awhile. I did get some painting done, I love to paint, it's soothing to me and not as hard as doing tie dye. So I painted some funky hippy signs for upcoming jazz festival, and started on a kid's jacket for a friend. But mostly that was it. Oh Yeah and The fact that a sparrow is nesting on my tie dye porch has made me want to avoid that area as much as possible, so as not to disturb her. She is always in her nest, which makes me think she has laid eggs. See Photo above. I haven't named her yet though, like two years ago when I had a big yellow garden spider named 'GUS' who kept me company out there for several months. He helped to keep the nasty mosquito population at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment