Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dang I wanted a better Bed!

So I have been needing a new mattress on my bed for quite some time now...and browsing the freecycle ads on yahoo I found a king size mattress with just a little wear in Crestview up for grabs. So after I drop the kids off at school i rush up to Crestview to avoid the line of storms rolling in to pick up this mattress that would surely make my life worth living again right? EHHH well not so much. All seemed ok when we loaded it on my truck but it diddnt' seem to be a whole lot better than the one i already own and was deffinately OLD. So I bungee it in thinkin ok we'll compare later, and get going back down hwy 85 to south okaloosa county, and that's when the trouble starts. The wind is vicious with the front rolling in, i found out later 37mph gusts and here i am with this mattress in the bed, and I am in a skirt to boot. Bam off it flies, at least it diddn't land in the middle of the highway, I back up pick up the bungie that just couldn't take it anymore and try to re-load the mattress-a king size pillowtop which now has skid marks and a bent wire frame- back into the truck by MYSELF. I was wondering about the time I gave up on that idea how many of the hundreds of passing cars got a good laugh at my expense. The thought of how pathetic I must have looked 250lb woman in a skirt wresteling a mattress on the side of the road! Just as I was about the call the Highway patrol for help, a sweet lady and her daughter pulled up behind me and helped me load it back in and insisted on staying behind me all the way to Fort Walton at 40mph. God Bless Her! Thankyou For saving The Day Angels! I limped back home with the thing and pulled in the driveway right when the rain unleashed. At that point i just sort of fell into an exhausted heap on the bed and drowned my sorrow in chips and homemade salsa. I am gonna have a hard time explaining this one to DAVE...

No comments:

Post a Comment