Saturday, January 30, 2010

kudzu who knew?

ok so it's 2am and I am on line researching herbal remedies for a problem I am having with hypertension, and I come across this artical about KUDZU. Kudzu a medicinal cure? really? I lived in Georgia as a Kid and I have to say That this particular invasive plant frankly Creeped me out. I diddn't like how it engulfed anything in it's path. Yeah Creepy invasion of the body snatchers type plant. So Imagine my suprise at reading this article: http://geography.about.com/library/misc/uckudzu.htmhttp://geography.about.com/library/misc/uckudzu.htm
Which states that among other things Kudzu Shows MUCH promise in helping to control the craving for alcohol and is being studied as a remedy for alcoholism. Who knew the plant we drove by and had such disdain for in Atlanta c1976 could have potentially done so much to help my father who lost two families and his life to alcoholism. huh.
Maybe people need to stop looking at this plant as such a curse and embrace the blessings that it has to bestow.

No comments:

Post a Comment