Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Blue Nikes

Ok here is my Christmas Miracle, I know a little late to relate here, but I want to share. As I mentioned earlier I diddnt feel much like christmas this year with all the hell that 2009 bought my way. On the day after Christmas My friend Tina called and prompted me to go out shopping with her, as she had some purchases to return and of course shopping is always more fun in pairs right ladies? So we went to several shops, and eneded up at Ross. I needed a new pair of tennies, and ross has good prices. So after parousing the selection I settled on a very reasonable pair of AVIAs. Happy with my selection I went to rejoin Tina in the store, and noticed a huge rack of NEW inventory being wheeled to the shoe departent. I looked at jeans and shirts and dresses for new years, ect. and decided what the heck I should go look back at the shoes again. There on the rack of 10 1/2 shoes, loe and behold were this pair of white leather nikes with the blue swoosh. Now its not like a grown woman to grab a pair of shoes off the store shelf and start hugging them and crying hysterically, even with these low prices....but thats what I did. My christmas miracle had just happened. I found Tina and explained to her the amazing event. My friend Lisa who Passed in October had an almost identical pair of Nikes on when we first met in 1982. The Nikes I picked up were the ONLY pair and happened to be in my size. They were retro styled to resemble the ones that were popular in the early 80's. A Lot of my friends have heard me describe the first day I met Lisa with her 'Blue Swoosh Nikes' on the first day of high school.  Lisa must have been listening, because I believe with all my heart she sent these shoes to me. What made me turn back to look at the rack again that day? What coincidence that the only pair happened to be in my exact size?

Now I wear them like they have super powers and that just by putting them on I can be a super hero like Lisa was! Her message to me was like a warm hug telling me to enjoy my day shopping with my great new friend.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful story. I am so glad you got those tennies!
    No matter what, she is with you always! I am glad you are able to look at reminders of her and feel joy.
    Hugs
    I had to chuckle on your response today. I totally feel like - WHY ME? and I know it isn't a big thing to have knee surgery. But UGH. Why me? hehehehe
    Hugs again
    Holly

    ReplyDelete