Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Make Love Not War!

Peace. It comes From Within, as the saying goes....Begin Within.
Lately, I have had to work hard to find my inner peace, You see two sides of me are at war with each other. I work full time as a pediatric home health nurse, taking care of special needs kids. I love the kids I care for. each one in their own special way have worked into my heart. I always look at them for their potential and what they have going on in the inside not the outside. Lately my services have been in high demand, Not enough of me to go around to the families that want me. That is well and good, but I wish Sometimes I could be there for Everyone! Then There is the Other side of me, The Artist. The passionate creator of funky and colorful art. My SOUL Sings when doing art, or playing my music. I thrive on creativity. I love to sit for hours and quilt, spin, do polymer clay, batik, dye, bead up jewelry. And I have been wanting to learn to weave next. SIGH. So my two sides are at war. Each one Demanding more of me. And then there is family life.....Peshi, D, and Dave. All wanting more of my attention. What Am I to do?
I want so badly to be able to do it all. If only I diddn't need to sleep.
So I will continue on, trying to make peace with the two sides of myself. And find time for the other facets, spirituality, Family, Education, Activism, Charity, Friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment