Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A very Special Bag




As promised here are the pictures of my Pink Passion Bag, aka the bag of a thousand tears. My Dear Friend Lisa was alive when I started it, and succumbed to her year and half long battle with breast cancer before it was complete. The yarn is a fabulously soft hand spun art yarn, with lots of flash. It is a combination of pink yarns with high and low lights. The wool was hand dyed by Holly of http://www.hollyeqq.com/ Then Spun by me and hand knit. The bag is Lined with Hand Dyed Kona Cotton. The loop and button closure features a large gold toned Lion. Lisa told me in her last few months, that she had visions of Lord Jesus Coming to her in the form of a lion and Carrying her on his back. She took Great comfort in this. This bag would Retail in my shop for 170.00. I will be offering it soon as a raffle Item to raise money for Lisa's Family she leaves behind three wonderful boys, a Husband, Her Loving Parents and Sister. Lisa was the main Breadwinner for her family and They are struggleing now to cover expenses. We will also be putting togeather some fabulous gift baskets to be raffled off. Stay tuned for More info as I get the raffle items togeather. I can ship out of state, and will diligently add all internet raffle tickets to the drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment