Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thrift Shop Finds!




I scored these two books at the goodwill in niceville this afternoon! I had gone up there to have lunch with my friend Tina. we stopped at the chinese buffet next to Kelly's and man all I can say is the sushi in there is sooo good and for the pirce? seriously we both ate for 14.00 and change. And the food is clean and attractivily presented. Great spot! So I went by the Bargain Box behind Bank of America and scored some white stuff to dye including two linnen table cloths, and some nice pants for myself. I also went by the Good will and Found these great craft books for a mere pittance. I picked up Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic treasure Hunting and decorating guide. There is a beautiful quote on one of the pages although it doesnt say who originally penned it, but it seemed so apropriate as I have been contemplating the Subject of humility lately a lot and how it pertains to my life. This quote says it all for me......words to aspire to:

Humility

Humility is perpetual quietness of heart. It is to have no trouble. It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore, to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me. IT is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised it is to have a blessed home in myself where I can go in and shut the door and kneel to my father in secret and be at peace, as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and about is trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment